Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cake (TT column 20.05.13)


Chocolate, ginger, fruit, lemon, coffee and carrot; I have recently sampled them all in abundance, in the form of cake. I've been brought up on the stuff - no that sounds a little extreme - i mean I've been brought up in a house that always has a home made cake "on the go". Some might say the Brits' are known for drinking tea, the Fells' however are known for eating cake. Growing up not even liking tea i didn't have much choice, although thankfully I was also encouraged to do plenty of sport.
This weekend I managed to combine the two perfectly, whilst also raising money for charity by hosting the coffee break for the Tavistock Wheelers Sunday morning ride. I do still have a challenge; in just over two weeks time I need to have raised several more pounds but also be fit enough to cycle one hundred and six miles a day for nine days straight. Cake might be the solution for the financial aspect but I think I might need to refrain from joining in on the sampling as instead of fuelling me up the hills it could well end up weighing me down.
I was amazed at how much a bit of cake can make for charity but it is not a touch on football it seems. I was honoured to be asked to present the highly competitive Sonrise cup to the winning team of Tavistock Tyres. That was just the finale of a huge fundraising effort for the local charity, it is just a shame I wasn't brought up on football.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com Heather Fell



No comments:

Post a Comment